New Security Measures
In order to ensure the safest and most secure environment possible for your child, there are some changes that will require our parents and visitors to do things differently than what they may be used to. We ask for your cooperation, understanding and, most of all, patience as we put tighter restrictions into place. We can assure you that your child’s safety is our biggest priority.
Starting on Monday March 17th, the following changes and/or revisions will take place:
- All visitors and parents will be required to enter the building at the front entrance at all times.
- All exterior doors will be locked at all times, including before school and after school. All students will be picked up by their teacher on the playground and will be dismissed by their teacher on the playground. Playground supervision will begin at 8am.
- All parents, visitors and volunteers are required to check-in with the front office, sign your name and wear a visitor’s pass before you visit classrooms. This also includes before breakfast time and at any other time of the day. This also requires all ECE parents to check-in at the front office before going to your child’s classroom.
- Students that arrive before 8a.m. will not be allowed in the building.
- No adult or student is permitted to open any doors to the outside. All visitors must ring the bell at the front of the building and sign-in at the front office.
- Parents, visitors and volunteers may be asked to show a picture i.d . Please come prepared.
- DPS Safety and Security and DPD can be called for repeat infractions of our security policy.
Please do not hesitate to contact the front office with any questions that you may have. It takes a team effort!
Thank you all for your cooperation and support.
Rebecca Salomon, Principal