Garden Place Academy stands in the Globeville neighborhood, just north of downtown Denver. The neighborhood is intersected by Interstate-25 and Interstate-70, making it a center of community and industry. Globeville was settled in the mid-1880s by immigrants from Poland and Germany who came in search of gold and fertile fields for farming. In 1904, the Garden Place School opened its doors. Diverse neighborhood children from ages five to sixteen attended Garden Place. By 1921, the school’s population had reached 1,074 students. In 1923, the original building was updated with a gymnasium, auditorium and south classrooms. Two additional classrooms were added in 2001.
Today, Garden Place Academy still stands in the heart of Globeville. The beautiful mahogany trim, intricate ceiling tiles and all wooden gym floor continue to serve a diverse community of students and families. There is no doubt that Garden Place will be an integral part of the Globeville community for the next 100 years, too!