April 9th PTO Meeting
- Padres Unidos: Closing the Achievement Gap with Latino Parents and Students
For more information Contact Sheila Keller @ (303) 981-7751
Next meeting Friday at 5:00pm Munroe Elementary: 3440 W. Virginia Ave.
- Groundwork Denver (Tangier Barnes and Miriam Colón): Opening access to Public Parks and Neighborhood Safety
Upcoming Community Events:
- Get a garden plot to grow your own vegetables at The Globeville Community Garden at Lincoln and 51st Ave
- Clínica Tepeyac’s Walk and Run for Women’s Health Week with the Stapleton Rec Center on May 13th
Contact for Groundwork Denver: (303)455-5600
$9000 spent in the Garden Place library for books
and added technology!!!
School Uniforms: Voting on School Colors to move forward on uniforms for next year
Collared shirts and Khaki or Black Pants (Shorts for Summer)
The Carnival Date has been set: May 4th from 3:00 to 6:00pm
Tickets Cost $0.50 and most activities will cost 1 ticket. Pre-purchase tickets and get an envelope with family name the day of the carnival. Tickets will also be for sale the day of the carnival.
Food will be a combination of PTO purchased and Family Donation: Contact Veronica_Castillo@dpsk12.org OR Mary_Weidman@dpsk12.org to volunteer
Activity Booths Contact Andrea Randolph to Sign-Up to volunteer for an Activity Booth Andrea_Randolph@dpsk12.org
Decorations will be made by our Art teacher Contact Sara_Mayo@dpsk12.org to volunteer
Set-Up Contact Ryan_Moore@dpsk12.org to volunteer
March 6th PTO Meeting:
Coming SOON: There will be a PTO comment box located on the main floor of the building for any ideas or concerns! Anyone is welcome to add their thoughts about Garden Place.
Spring Carnival (Late April)
Parent and Teacher Volunteers will meet to organize:
- Activity Booths, Set-Up, Community Donations, and Prizes
- Drinks, Popsicles, and other Refreshments (Possible donation that could be sold)
- We brainstormed a list of possible activities: Pie throw, face painting, fishing for a prize, dunk tank, ring toss, Wii video game activity, and still need much more!
- If you have more ideas feel free to email: Victoria_Hoehn@dpsk12.org
End of the Year Talent Show Bake Sale:
- Items to be donated by families and staff.
- We will need a parent/teacher committee to organize set-up and to volunteer for the selling of items the evening of the talent show.
Ideas to Spend PTO $ On:
(These are ideas that will need to be voted on before making an official PTO decision):
- Shortening the school supply list by purchasing some supplies for teachers at the beginning of the year
- Employing an exercise teacher
Future PTO Business:
- Uniforms for Next Year
- Decisions about spending PTO funds
- Forming Committees to organize events
- Family calling tree (Flor as contact person)